Our friend, speaker and author Sally Hogshead, wrote a book called Radical Careering. We love it so much that anyone who starts a position here at Burdette Ketchum gets a copy of it on their first day. Sally writes that “Careerists are people who take action to become the most powerful, valuable, fulfilled version of themselves.” We like careerists. “They view a job not as a task or a duty, but a step in a long-term journey.”
If you’re a careerist and you’re interested in bringing your talents to our agency to help us do big things for great clients, please contact Amie Barr at [email protected].
Current openings & internships
Senior Account Executive
Posted: May 20, 2017
The senior account executive (SAE) is the day-to-day senior account contact for the client and the internal team.
- His/her primary responsibilities are to understand the scope and context of the integrated marketing program
- To implement the program with members of the agency
- Drive monthly reporting for all campaigns; and, drive activities to successful completion
- Clearly understands and articulates what opportunities each integrated marketing channel brings to the client and works with his/her team to execute against the program’s deliverables
- Minimal guidance on day-to-day activities, as he/she will be a senior leader on the account. While not specifically executing, the SAE comprehends the role of social media and PR and can successfully lead overall program execution
Posted: May 19, 2017
Burdette Ketchum is looking for a dynamic content writer and content marketer who will be responsible for the development, management, and execution of engaging content for a growing and diverse client base.
- Responsible for the development of original content including, articles/blog posts
- Presentations, partner/sales material, collateral, white papers, emails, publications and social media
- Participates in activation strategies including digital, social, traditional media and SEO to help drive measurable business results
- Must be a self-starter, able to analyze project requests, provide strategic content, and work independently and within a group
- Co-manage/mentor a Coordinator and reports into the Vice President of Account Leadership
Freelancers - Creative
Posted: March 17, 2017
We are looking for experienced, talented people to augment our creative team capabilities from time to time. Local freelancers preferred. Some assignments may require in-office work with a team, while for other assignments remote work will suffice. Competitive hourly compensation, great creative opportunities, flexible work schedules.
Let us hear from you! Please tell us how much availability you might have and how many hours per month you are looking for. Also, your hourly rate. Submit your information, resume or credentials to Anita Carter, creative services manager, at [email protected]. Please indicate “Creative Freelancer” in the subject line.
Interns – Account Management and/or Public Relations
Posted: March 24, 2017
Our internship program is intended to be educational, inspirational and purposeful. It is open to current college students who are seeking to gain internship course credit, or valuable professional experience in the marketing communications industry. Intern(s) will work on a project throughout their time at Burdette Ketchum, culminating in a presentation to our leadership team. Intern(s) will experience the creative process (from account management perspective), planning, strategy and client communication. The agency also will work with intern(s) on curriculum requirements to ensure course credit, if applicable.
For each 3-month term (spring, summer, fall), the agency has one internship position. We work around course schedules during the school year, but require interns be available at least three days per week on a set schedule. Average weekly hours are 20-25. Tracks available are advertising account management or public relations. The internship is unpaid, but can be used towards course credit for those students who coordinate it as such. Send inquiries and resumes to Amielynne Barr at [email protected].